POSTER SESSION RULES
OVERVIEW: The “Poster Session” consists of displays of working equipment and explanatory posters. The demonstrations are to be done in conjunction with the awards ceremonies for Physics each spring.
APPRAOVAL: Mr. Cheney must approve Projects beforehand. Only one group can do each type of project: first come, first served!
SCHEDULE: An exact schedule will be posted each spring.
· The plan for the project must be approved at least three weeks before the presentation.
· The poster design must be approved two weeks before the presentation
· The projects must be operating a week before the presentation.
EXPLAING TO THE PUBLIC: Some member of the group must be available to explain your project to the public roughly from 12:00 pm to 4:00pm the day of the presentation.
CREDIT: Each contributing member of a group receives a maximum of 30 points extra credit. There must be an accounting as to what each member contributed!
· Everything must be readable from three meters away from the poster.
· Big diagrams are best! J
· Big pictures are good! J
· No small text L
· It has to work!
· Big and spectacular! J
· You can use experiments you have done, any equipment we have, or any equipment you have.
CONSULTING: You can consult with Mr. Cheney or the Stock Room as to what we have and how to make it work.